Are you a Christian preparing to serve in China, or maybe you’re already there?
Are you working with Chinese students in your home country?
This course—Serving Well in China— is definitely for you.
Enroll Now! Use the promo code CS2018 for a $5.00 discount.
China is one of the few places in the world where a statement can be completely true and completely false all at the same time. With a rich history and strong cultural values that are now being redefined by a complicated contemporary society, China can be a daunting place to navigate.
We’re here to help! This course is less about a set of answers and more about presenting a framework with which to process the complexities of China. When you encounter confusing situations or cultural differences, what you learn here will help you reconcile them with your cultural background and expectations.
- Valuable information and insight on contemporary Chinese society and culture
- Practical advice on managing cultural differences
- An explanation of various cultural “rules” that govern how people in China interact with one another
- A description of the key features of the Chinese educational system and how it directly affects and informs the worldview of the Chinese people
- An examination of areas of expectation that may need to be adjusted
- Key principles for successful cross-cultural adjustment and living in China
What you’ll get?
- Five video lectures (each 10-20 minutes long)
- Accompanying quizzes
- Questions for reflection/discussion
- A list of resources for further study
- Training conducted by seasoned, professional trainers with over 40 years of combined experience working and living in China, and over 20 years of experience training westerners to serve effectively in China
I have been involved in China and the Chinese diaspora for 16 years, including living in Mainland China. All I can say is that I wish I had this resource available to me early on. While some of the information I have learned over 16 years, I learned some new information as well. China Source did an excellent job putting this resource together. I love it and plan to refer people to it. If you plan to get involved with Chinese in your home country or in China, I highly recommend you watch this as many times as you can, even after you begin serving. It will be a valuable resource for you to navigate your way as you serve in China or the Chinese people.
Steve Schirmer, Silk Road Catalyst
I’m the Volunteer Coordinator at the Hospitality Center for Chinese and I’ve been looking for some good training materials to train our American volunteers who will be working with Chinese. I need not look any further. I recently returned from living in China for 2 years, and I can decisively say that this resource is excellent and right on!
Sarah Dykstra, Hospitality Center for Chinese
For me, this is the best course out there for both short and long term missionaries desiring to serve well in China. It tackles numerous aspects of cultural mores, helping cross cultural missional workers to not only survive China, but thrive in their God-given callings.
David Joannes, WithinReach Global
Whether you are just getting started in China or are a seasoned Middle Kingdom sojourner, this course will deepen your understanding of “why China is the way it is,” allowing for a more fruitful and effective ministry.
Use the promo code CS2018 for a $5.00 discount.
For those interested in group rates, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Joann Pittman is senior vice president of ChinaSource and editor of ZGBriefs. Prior to joining ChinaSource, Joann spent 28 years working in China, as an English teacher, language student, program director, and cross-cultural trainer for organizations and businesses engaged in China. She has also taught Chinese at the University... View Full Bio
When Amy Young first moved to China she knew three Chinese words: hello, thank you, and watermelon. Today she blogs regularly at The Messy Middle and is the director of global operations for Velvet Ashes. She has also authored two books written to help those who live and serve in... View Full Bio