ChinaSource is looking for a part-time (8-10 hours/week) research assistant/translator for our Chinese Church Voices project. The ideal candidate is someone who is familiar with the landscape of Chinese Christian websites and social media, and has the ability to translate content from these platforms into English.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor Chinese Christian websites and social media to identify content suitable for translation into English.
- Translate identified articles into English for posting on the Chinese Church Voices website.
- Familiarity with and access to Chinese social media platforms (Weibo, Weixin)
- Familiarity with Christian/theological terminology and concepts in both Chinese and English.
- Previous experience translating from Chinese to English.
- Excellent English writing skills.
For more information, or to request an application, please send an email to Editorial.
Image credit: Chinese caligraphy lesson, by Matt, via Flickr