This anonymous post, on the popular Christian site Living Water, warns Christians to guard against complacency in their relationships, ministry, and pursuit of Christ.
- When prayer is no longer the most essential part of your life;
- When you stop pursuing Biblical truth, and think that you have enough knowledge concerning eternal things;
- When mastered biblical truth is just head knowledge instead of heart application;
- When your passion for eternal things does not come as often and has lost its excitement;
- When you take no joy in Church ministry;
- When you are embarrassed to directly talk about spiritual things;
- When sports, relaxation and entertainment play a significant and necessary role in your life;
- When you tolerate the sins of your body and mind to the point that they no longer enrage you;
- When pursuing the holiness of Christ is no longer dominant in your life and mind;
- When your mind is occupied with how to acquire money and commodities;
- When you can easily sing spiritual songs or say spiritual words without being moved by them;
- When you hear the Name of the Lord is misused, spiritual concern being made fun of, and truth about eternity being rudely trampled, yet you are not angry, nor do you feel compelled to take action;
- When you tolerate watching a movies with corrupted themes or reading immoral works;
- When you are indifferent to unhealthy relationships with your brothers and sisters;
- When you use trivial excuses to try to escape spiritual responsibilities and opportunities;
- When you are indifferent to your lack of spiritual ability, and cease to pursue power from above;
- When you start to use The lord will understand andHe will remember that we are but dust as excuses for your sins and laziness;
- When the music in your soul and the song in your heart have gone completely silent;
- When you are joyfully conforming yourself to the world's life style, thereby reflecting your spiritual decay;
- When you do little or nothing about the injustice and misery surrounding you;
- When you are indifferent to the backwards spiritual movement of your church because the word of God is not preached with power;
- When you are willing to cheat;
- When you fail to see spiritual decay in the world;
- When you become self-righteous, and think that you abound in grace and mercy, and constantly praise your own godliness.
- When you no longer have tears because your hardened and cold spirit find no way to release your tears.
Image source: Warning Sign, by Catherine Kolodziej, via Flickr
Are you enjoying a cup of good coffee or fragrant tea while reading the latest ChinaSource post? Consider donating the cost of that “cuppa” to support our content so we can continue to serve you with the latest on Christianity in China.