While the glaring exclamation points are hard to miss, the underlying themes of the ongoing narrative can easily be lost amidst China’s relentless charge into the future. Subtle but far-reaching, the transformation of the Chinese family, economy, ethics and value system have already left indelible marks on China’s recent history and now shape the possibilities and opportunities of generations of Chinese to come.
China’s Next Generation: New China, New Church, New World examines these underlying themes of a rapidly changing China, along with the Chinese church’s own transformation. From a largely rural, socially marginalized and oft-persecuted peasant movement, the church of today is enjoying a renaissance in China’s cities, where it takes its place as potentially one of the forces shaping China’s emerging urban culture.
Global missions strategist Luis Bush and ChinaSource co-founder Brent Fulton have teamed up with a Christian worker in China to produce this concise, easy-to-read e-book, which answers many commonly asked questions about China and its church, including:
- What does the church in China look like today?
- Are there real Christians in China’s “government churches?”
- What are the aspirations of Chinese youth?
- Is the Chinese government trying to stamp out Christianity?
- What is the “Back to Jerusalem” movement?
- Is China sending out its own missionaries?
The book concludes with a challenge to embrace China’s “4/14” generation the children and youth who are the products of China’s great transformation and who before long will take up the baton in what is arguably the fastest growing Christian movement in history. Whether, and how, this movement unfolds in the future will depend on how China’s Christian leaders choose today to engage with this generation. Practical implementation steps, growing out of recent consultations with pastors and youth leaders in China, are provided for those preparing to take up this challenge.
An electronic copy of China’s Next Generation will be made available to all who make an online donation to ChinaSource this December. Or you can wait for the main release next year. Donate today and get an advance copy!
A blessed Christmas to you!
The ChinaSource Team
- Remember Christians across China this season as they proclaim the true message of Christmas in church services, home gatherings, holiday parties, and public events.
- Pray that God would raise up committed youth workers in China’s churches to shepherd the “4/14” generation and equip them for their future roles as leaders in the church.
- Pray that China’s Next Generation would be used of God to spark new awareness, understanding, and prayer among believers worldwide who care about China.
- Lift up ChinaSource’s year-end financial needs, and thank God for His provision throughout 2013.
Remember Christians across China this season as they proclaim the true message of Christmas in church services, home gatherings, holiday parties, and public events.
Pray that God would raise up committed youth workers in Chinas churches to shepherd the 4/14 generation and equip them for their future roles as leaders in the church.
Pray that Chinas Next Generation would be used of God to spark new awareness, understanding, and prayer among believers worldwide who care about China.
Lift up ChinaSources year-end financial needs, and thank God for His provision throughout 2013.
Are you enjoying a cup of good coffee or fragrant tea while reading the latest ChinaSource post? Consider donating the cost of that “cuppa” to support our content so we can continue to serve you with the latest on Christianity in China.