- For discernment and wisdom for foreigners serving in China as they consider how best to "pass the baton" to their Chinese brothers and sisters.
- For patience, understanding and humility on the part of both Chinese and foreigners as they work together to find the roles that each has in serving Christ and to encourage Chinese as they pursue God's calling in their lives.
- For comprehension and willingness to learn for Chinese pastors and workers as they try out new skills and develop their abilities to serve the Chinese people and the church.
- For the younger generation as they become leaders and for those who mentor and "coach" them.
- That until more materials are available in Chinese, there will be skillful translators who are able to not only translate materials, but to also make them culturally relevant.
Image Credit: Turn my Darkness into Light by Josh Kenzer, on Flickr