Assistant Content Manager
Job Type: Part-time contract, maximum of 20 hours per week
Salary expectations: Negotiable
Location: Virtual/US Midwest location preferred
Length of Commitment: Minimum 2 years
Start Date: October 18, 2021
ChinaSource is looking for a passionate and dedicated Assistant Content Manager to join our team. This role primarily supports the Content Manager to ensure the accurate, timely, and relevant production of content on the website (www.chinasource.org). We are looking for a mature Christian who is committed to the mission, vision, and core values of ChinaSource. Specifically, if you are interested in connecting Christians inside and outside of China to advance the Kingdom of God through the unbiased dissemination of information, you would enjoy working in this area of ChinaSource.
Our ideal candidate enjoys engaging in the written word and has some editorial experience in supportive roles at non-profit and ministry organizations. This person is a natural organizer, is comfortable working with details, and does not mind work that can be tedious or repetitive at times. This person has strong project management and administrative skills, and is able to prioritize tasks effectively, achieving tight deadlines. This person is independent while able to work collaboratively in a fast-paced virtual team setting, often having to navigate through ambiguity and uncertainty. Finally, our ideal candidate has experience with website management applications and is familiar with website publishing and troubleshooting.
You would be required to work flexible hours, mornings and evenings, to accommodate various time zones in the US and East Asia.
- Primarily support the Content Manager to ensure the accurate, timely, and relevant production of content on the website and other mediums.
- Support the day-to-day maintenance of the ChinaSource website by collaborating with our web support vendor and creating/editing layouts for publications as directed by the Content Manager.
- Oversee the creation, editing, and posting of website publications as assigned by the Content Manager.
- Under the direction of the Content Manager assist in managing, coordinating, and communicating with volunteer writers and contributors; providing constructive and encouraging feedback to ensure volunteer retention and positive engagement.
- Act as the primary contact for all content related issues, in the event the Content Manager is absent or on leave.
To apply, please send your updated resume to email@example.com.